Friday, September 13, 2013

Yippee-Skippee!

So with the awesome Tape It (135241) Digital Stamp Brush Set being released for purchase this week, I was super excited to turn a card I got in a swap at Convention into it's digital counterpart.  Did have one 'sort-of' bum-me-out moment--when I realized that the digital set only contained seven images, instead of the eight that come with the actual 'real life' set.  NOT that big of deal, and Stampin' Up! has always maintained that their digital images will not always 'exactly' match their real-life counterparts, so it was just up to me to adapt/adjust accordingly!

Here's my 'real-life' Tape It card:
It's a cute, basic card, and I love the Yippee-Skippee! greeting that was added.  Just a few rhinestones for 'bling', and done!

So, the digital version:
After completing the card and getting it all designed, I came up with another idea to get the polka dot look instead on the piece of Wisteria Wonder 'tape', and maybe I'll show that in the future, but it's a cute card, to be sure!!

Another simple Convention card I got was using Pleasant Poppies.  A simple background image with a simple greeting is always a good option to choose!
Now, I didn't have the sentiment shown in my digital stamp brush images, but no worries . . . I just created a text box and scrolled thru my fonts until I found one I liked!  This card features Very Vanilla & Midnight Muse.
And finally, this is one of the masculine cards I got to make at Diva Day this past week.  Kat designed this card using Basic Black, Basic Gray & Very Vanilla. 
Serene Silhouettes is another set that is on my 'real life' wish list, but I have the digital version of it, so it was fun to work at re-creating this card as well!!
To get the look of the scored lines, I simply added a SUPER narrow punch, filled with Very Vanilla, and added a drop shadow off-set at 0,0.  Then copied/pasted the line to create a second one below it!!

You can check out all of Stampin' Up! great products (including those shown above) by visiting my online store!

Happy Stamping!

Pam


No comments:

Post a Comment