Monday, September 2, 2013

Happy Birthday, Mom

Today's post is a little less upbeat, but I hope you'll be O.K. with that.  Some of you know that my siblings and I lost our mom back in January, and it's been a rough seven months so far, though some days are better than others.  Today would have been her 84th birthday, so she's on my mind a lot today.  She is the person who nurtured my love of crafting and is a big reason why I love Stampin' Up! and all of my other hobbies.

I have a couple pages of Mom that I'd like to share today that I created in My Digital Studio.  This first is one of her and her siblings when she was less than a year old.   

The second is a page I did last year after Mom's birthday. Her newest great-grandchild (at the time--two more have arrived since then, and another will be arriving next spring!) was only 2 weeks old and she got to meet and hold her for the first time!





And this final one is one I've been thinking about doing since January.  I wanted to scrapbook about Mom's first days after moving in 2011 to Northfield Manor from the farm.  It took me a while to just think about the page, but I loved how it turned out. 

Since Mom moved in the fall, I decided to use Orchard Harvest Designer Series Paper from MDS for the background.  The main 'story' on the page was about a movie that she went to see her first week in her new place--Shirley Temple's "Little Miss Marker", so I recolored the film strips from 'Picture This' and added the letters from 'Calendar Alphabet' to create the title. 

Behind the journaling, I added the Petite Label Punch, first in White with a drop shadow, and then a second of the same image directly on top of it (with drop shadow removed) colored in Island Indigo, and reduced opacity to about 50%.  I grouped those two items together and added my journaling in CK Journaling (font) in Early Espresso.

I added a few final embellishments, and really this page makes me smile every time I look at it.  It also inspired me so I finally went online and actually found the movie and ordered it, so I'll get to watch that this next week as well!



Thanks for letting me share some special stories and memories about my mom today!!

Happy Stamping, and Happy Birthday, Mom!

Pam

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully preserved memories of your mother, Pam. Each layout is so unique. Shirley Temple is one of my favorites, and I still have my doll (have to scrap that!). Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful gift for your mom in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ladies!! Today has been a pretty good day, all things considered!

    ReplyDelete