Saturday, September 7, 2013

Robbing the Bank!

Did I get your attention with that title?!  Today, September 7th, is the 'real' anniversary date for the attempted bank robbery of the First National Bank in Northfield, MN by the James/Younger gang in 1876.  And thanks to some wonderful townspeople, the robbery was mostly unsuccessful (in today's market, the gang got away with LESS than $500, total!).  So, every year, the weekend AFTER Labor Day, the town celebrates that defeat with a huge celebration!

Last year I took my mom downtown to watch the bank raid re-enactment and we got some cool photos.  I put a few of the photos on a page in My Digital Studio to tell the story of the robbery attempt, but had never really finished the two-page spread of photos as I intended.  So, I figured that today's post would be a good time to do just that!!  And with MDS, it's so easy to go back in and pick up right where one left off!!

In looking at the page I had done last year, I was actually REALLY happy with how it turned out, so I decided to insert a second page and duplicate the first, but just mirror the page.  This kept all of the background papers/overlays I had done pretty constant, and then I could just move around, adapt, & adjust the other elements on the page until I had them where I wanted them.  I was actually surprised at how quickly that completed the second page for me!!

Page 1
Page 2
O.K.  I think I need to head off in search of some deep-fried mushroom or something. . . . you can check out My Digital Studio in my online store in the meantime!

Happy Stamping!

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment