Monday, August 26, 2013

Wedding Template Pages

I'm still hosting family, so spending a lot of time creating is just not possible right now, but I DID want to put together a couple quick pages from the wedding on Saturday.  For these pages I also went into the trusty template pages in My Digital Studio, and selected the 'Meant to Be' pages in the "Days to Remember" suite.  This is a two-page spread.  I think I'll still want to add a title (or something) to the first page, but on it's own, I think it has a very simple/classy elegance.  I have to say, I was TOTALLY cracking up at my great-nieces & nephews.  While a very meaningful wedding ceremony was happening up at the front of the church, they were sitting in the row right across the aisle from my siblings and me, and their antics were hysterical.  I know they were just trying to entertain themselves, but they totally had me in stitches!!  My brother tried to get a couple photos of them, but for some reason, we were only able to catch them at moments when they were being angelic, rather than the opposite!!  And it was something I wanted to scrapbook sooner, rather than later, as I'm still laughing while thinking about it, which is why I decided to make up the page now.

O.K.  First off, the template pages I used:

Template Page #1
Template Page #2
I actually created the wedding guest book for the couple as well, so the first thing I decided to do was to change out the designer series paper at the bottom of each page to match one of the papers I had created for that book, and that way I could also pull the colors from that if needed.

Page #1.  I only did a couple minor adjustments.  Once I added in the photos, I felt like they were getting lost on the page, so I added a drop shadow to each photo, as well as a color-matched border.  And I spaced the photos a little further apart so that the mats did not run into one another.  And I added the wedding date to the label and changed the color and location of the text.  That's it.  Completed page.

 Page #2 I did a little more work on, but not much.  I had the title rolling around in my head, so took the Alphabet Soup punches, and color-filled them with a coordinating color & added a drop shadow for "Meanwhile...".  Then I grouped all of the punches and manipulated them and angled them.  I used the Comic Sans font for "in the Peanut Gallery" and did that in the gray that I color-matched to the top of the page.  I used the Modern Label Punch, enlarged it to fill in the bottom of the page, color-filled it with Whisper White, then reduced the opacity to about 55%.  I found this technique is really handy when you want to 'mute' the background to make the text easier to read.  I played around with different colors for the text (again my favorite font, CK Journaling), but decided to just leave it at Basic Black. 

That's it!!  Two quick/easy pages of a memorable occasion are done!!  Wouldn't you just love to be able to get caught up on your scrapbooking like this?!  You can check out My Digital Studio in my online store!

Happy Stamping!

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment