Saturday, August 24, 2013

Chevron Template Page

Another quick post today.  Spent all day yesterday with two of my brothers up at the Minnesota State Fair, and it was a late night getting home, and another early morning today.  We have a niece getting married this afternoon, so need to get a few things taken care of around the house before we're off to go to that!!

My older brother Dan hasn't been to the State Fair here since the late 1960's (basically because he's moved out of state and hasn't been back when it's been going on), and my brother Tim (also older--to clarify, I'm the youngest of all of us--Tim is the youngest brother of the boys) hasn't been back since the early 1980's, so it was fun to take them and check out all of the various exhibits/sights.

I'm really trying to get better at taking photos to scrapbook the 'little moments', and I actually DID remember to get a couple photos of them at the Fair!  Not having a lot of time to get elaborate pages done this weekend, I started browsing thru my templates, and immediately was drawn to the Chevron template page.

I basically love everything about the page, but once I dropped in the photo, I decided to change the top yellow chevron to match the green on the entry gate in the photo.  And I also wanted to add a second photo to the page (more of a close-up), and outlined it in the same green and added a basic drop shadow & rotated the photo 6 degrees.  The font for the title is a free font (I think) I found online called Radius, and I also made that the same color green.  And I enlarged the text box and used my favorite free font for adding text to the page, CK Journaling, in that area.  I did absolutely nothing else to the page, and I love that it's quick/done!

 That's it for today!!  As always, you can always check out My Digital Studio, and all of the other great products Stampin' Up! has to offer in my online store!

Happy Stamping!

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment