Sunday, August 11, 2013

Scrapping Yourself

I don't know about you, but for me, it's WAY easier to scrap about other people than it is to scrap about myself.  So, when I started going thru old family photos and slides a few months ago, I found pictures of me when I was little.  I thought that would be a good place to start to scrap 'me'.  I watch some of these talented scrapbookers come up with what they create on pages, and I'm always in awe.  Thankfully, there is also an online community at http://www.mydigitalstudio.net that I can log in to for help or inspiration whenever I open up My Digital Studio (MDS) and need a little 'boost' to get the creative juices flowing.  It's also free to join!  There are SO many talented people over there.  They also run challenges and have video tutorials and even a forum to discuss ideas or hiccups that you may be encountering in your MDS program!

All of these pages are ones that I saw the initial layout on MDS (each of the specific designer's names is escaping me at the moment, but I am indebted to their creativity!), but I tweaked their design to make it work for me!

This page was initially done in shades of brown, but thought it would be nice to do in reds/greens, as a nod to the holiday.  The background before was also just plain brown, but I Googled the German translation of "Oh Christmas Tree" and added the lyrics of that song in a text box that covered the background of the page--another nod to our family history.  I stuck with mainly light/dark green on the page, but did add pops of red behind the photos, and I also re-colored the pearls in the center of each of the flowers and on the hardware frame.   Super happy with it's final result!


I was probably more excited about finding the photos that I put on this next page, than I was for the page itself!!  I remembered seeing one or two photos of my first birthday, but I found even more that I didn't remember seeing before!! I think I probably had this page made within a half hour of finding/scanning in the photos!!

Every so often I try to design outside of my 'comfort zone', which is exactly what happened on this next page!  I'm not a huge neon fan, but once in a while it's fun to dabble, and based off of the photo that got used on the page, I think the colors work here!



I really do have fun designing/creating in MDS, and I would NEVER have as many paged scrapped as I do now without this awesome program!  Do I have you convinced yet to give it a try?!  You can find it in my online store!

Happy Stamping!

Pam



No comments:

Post a Comment