Sunday, August 18, 2013

Keeping it Simple

I'm kinda bummed I won't be able to make it to Diva Day (a group of talented Stampin' Up! demos I'm fortunate enough to get to hang out with from time to time!!) today--I worked until 7:30 a.m., then have to be back in at 6:00 p.m. tonight, and with the meeting being up in the Cities, sleep & being functional for work (to say nothing of the marathon wedding gift prep I'm doing!) won out over a fun afternoon of stamping and sharing business ideas!  I was really looking forward to doing the shoebox swap--our theme was 'simple' for this swap. 

Walking thru campus in the middle of the night, I often get the inspirational juices flowing as I'm checking/rattling door handles to make sure everything is secure, and I had a bit of a 'light bulb' moment when I realized I could use the Halloween card I showed earlier this week as a possible swap card!  SUCH a super simple/cute card!! Wouldn't you agree?!



Now, I won't be able to actually join in and physically swap cards with the other ladies, but I decided to have some fun and do variations on a theme with the same layout, but for different seasons/occasions--and I'm thinking I 'might' just have to use the Christmas-themed card for an upcoming card workshop.  So, here are a few ideas I came up with.  Because I just do NOT have the time to pull out and create real-life cards this week, I went to my trusty My Digital Studio (MDS) for creating my designs.  Since I already had the Halloween card created, it really was just a simple matter to change out the colors, designer series papers (DSPs)  greeting and be good to go on each one!!

Here's Christmas Card #1:




And I decided to play with a few non-traditional colors for this Christmas/holiday card:




 Pulled out the 'Cycle' Celebratons set and matching papers for this birthday card:


How about this cute Easter card:





And even a 'just because' card that can really be used for any occasion:





And as I was playing around, how simple would it be to turn this same layout into a birth announcement postcard?!
I think I could just keep coming up with cool ideas, but I think I'd better head back to what I was doing before I sat down here!!  You can always stop by my online store and find all of these awesome products!!

Happy Stamping!


Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment