Friday, August 2, 2013

MDS and Quilting

In addition to creating fun cards/projects with Stampin' Up!, I also enjoy spending time quilting/sewing.  Last year, I picked up an ADORABLE kit to make this Halloween pillow:



As you will find out, I have a penchant for all things Halloween, BUT that actually isn't what this blog post is about.  After I got done with the above pillow, I started to think about other holiday images I could create in a similar manner.  I come from a big family--the youngest of 8, so picking a project that I could easily replicate several times as a Christmas gift was the direction I decided to go.  First, I scanned in the witch feet image/greeting, so that I could put that jpeg on the page and lowered the opacity (figured that would give me the best space-planning tool when I added the image I wanted to replicate on top of it).  I cannot free-hand draw well AT ALL, so I found an Elf Legs image on Google, and imported the jpeg of the image into My Digital Studio and played around with the sizing until I had it where/how I wanted it.  Finally, I just used a text box to select a fun font and added text!!  And I had my pattern ready to go!


I had fun creating the templates on plastic (to be able to mass produce easily), and then getting the pieces cut out and appliqued on.  I also decided to free-form/machine embroider the words--went MUCH faster than trying to hand-embroider everything!!  For an added touch I added 'real' jingle bells to the tips of each bootie!  And here's my final result:



I really like how versatile My Digital Studio is, and that I can work with it in my other crafting endeavors, and it's not JUST limited to cards and scrapbooking projects!  I am planning to make some of these for other holidays when I get the chance/time--pilgrim feet/shoes with 'Give Thanks' below, and Leprechaun feet/shoes with a 'Bit 'O Luck' (or something similar), and whatever other holiday ideas I can come up with.  I love that I'll be able to do the designing in My Digital Studio when I get to that point!!

Are you getting the itch to try My Digital Studio for 30 days for FREE yet?  You can do so in my online store, or even purchase the downloadable or disk version of the program there as well!! 

Happy Stamping (or Quilting)!

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment