Thursday, August 8, 2013

Altering MDS Template Pages

If the idea of scrapbooking from scratch scares you to pieces (as it basically does for me!), then having the  template pages that come with various downloads in My Digital Studio (MDS) is the perfect way to go!!  I absolutely LOVE eagles, and last fall my mom and I took a trip down to the National Eagle Center in Wabasha, MN, and I of course had to take photos of the majestic animals to scrapbook!!  On a couple of the pages I used other pages I had seen for inspiration, but for three of them, I started with template pages already created in MDS and went from there!!  Now, did you ALSO know that you are not limited to the size/shape of the template pages?!  I wanted to create 12"x12" pages, but the templates I liked were all for 8 1/2" x 11" Landscape pages.  Well, with MDS, that is NO problem at all!! 

So, here's the page I decided to use for Columbia:

And here's how I changed it up:

All of the pages I decided to create of the visit were in tones of blue and green, so while the green behind the photos was fine, the yellow butterfly didn't quite 'fit', so I recolored that (using the freeform tool) to blue.  I adjusted the text to JUST be the name of the eagle on the label, and did my journaling down the right side of the photos.  OH!  And I removed one of the photo boxes from the first layout as well!

I thought this vintage page would again be perfect to use, but the colors were a tad off again!


But with a few simple changes, here's what I did for Angel's page:


It took me a little while to find a layout that I wanted to use for Harriet's page, but finally settled on this one:


Don't worry about the gray around the edge on the image above--that actually is a cool thing that shows the 'bleed area' of the page, and where you want to keep important details out of--it is NOT something that will show up when you go to print your page!!  This page REALLY was no-where close to the blues & greens that I was trying to stick to, but with a little maneuvering, I finally had a page that I liked!

I pulled the browns in a tad on this page as well, and moved around/enlarged the title.  It's so cool to have three pages done in a short period of time, with very little 'extra' work!  I gotta say, if I need/want to get a page done quickly, templates are certainly the way to go!!

Ready to jump in and give My Digital Studio a try?!  You can find the FREE 30-day trial, or even purchase the program in my online store!

Happy Stamping!

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment