Sunday, August 25, 2013

Save the Date!

It's been quite the busy weekend with hosting family and my niece getting married yesterday.  I thought I'd share one of the gifts that was made for her.  Super happy with how it turned out!!

As a little back story, my mom passed away in January.  Last fall, however, I had come across a cool wedding gift idea on mydigitalstudio.net, and made a sample to show my mom as an idea for a gift for the upcoming wedding.  Mom really liked it and indicated that it was something she'd be interested to give to my niece and her husband as their wedding gift from her.  So, knowing Mom's wishes, and once I had learned the specifics of the wedding colors, I designed the final product (of course I used My Digital Studio!!).  Here are the three sections:

Wedding Month
Wedding Day
Wedding Year
I decided to print these with Stampin' Up!'s professional print service available thru My Digital Studio on 8 1/2" x 11" paper, as I wanted to ensure that the colors, etc., were exactly what I wanted.  You really can NOT beat the image quality/color by using this service!!  If you have a really good home printer, you could certainly use that, but it was worth it to me to use the professional service for this project.  Each section is designed as a 5" x 7" image.

So after printing, you'll need to trim down the sides.  SUPER IMPORTANT:  DO NOT trim right up to the edges, you'll want to leave (at minimum a 1/2" white border all the way around the image!!


I also visited my local craft store and picked up a collage frame (not sure if I'm using the right term there) that had three 5"x7" photo openings in it.  Here's where you could have a little fun and actually pick up a frame that has four openings in it, leaving the fourth space to use for the couple's wedding photo. 

I stayed pretty basic, just taped the numbers on the back of the mat for each opening.  My frame actually had little mini-black frames around each opening, which I should have taken into account when printing, as a little bit of my images got cut off once in place, but that's probably something only I would notice!!






And finally, place the matted images into the frame!!





I am really pleased with how it turned out, and it means a lot to me that I can still be sure my niece and her husband get a gift from my mom.

I am absolutely in LOVE with My Digital Studio and I love that the possibilities really are endless with this awesome program.  You can always check it out in my online store!

O.K.  Off to go hang out with more family visiting from out of state today!!

Happy Stamping!

Pam


No comments:

Post a Comment