Friday, August 16, 2013

To Have And To Hold

I saw a blog post last year on mydigitalstudio.net that showed a really cool shadow box/word art wedding design created in My Digital Studio.  You can check that story out HERE.  I fell in love with the design right away and knew I wanted to re-create a similar look to use as bridal shower or wedding gifts.  It was designed as an 8 1/2" x 11" Landscape design, but I wanted to re-create it as a 10" square shadow box, so needed to make a few adjustments. 

When my niece got married last year, my mom asked me to create the design using the wedding colors, and it turned out great!  Now, at that time, there had not been the upgrades to the program to allow for creating your own canvas sizes, so I actually created it on a 12" canvas, with a 10" punch centered on the page to use to work within. After I had it designed, I printed off several copies at a local print service on 11" x 17" cardstock.  I trimmed down one for my base, then cut up 1-2 more, and raised the various squares.images on dimensionals.  Also added some pearls, ribbon, and an antique brad to add a bit more 'real life' interest.

So here's the printed image:




And once I added my 'magic' to it to tun it into a hybrid project, here's the final framed image (sorry for the glare!):



When a friend got married this summer, I knew I wanted to re-create the same layout, but change out the colors to match her wedding colors.  And this time with the upgrades/updates to MDS, I could create a 10" canvas to work on (and still printed on an 11" x 17" cardstock).  I also used the same DSP (designer series paper) of Cottage Wall, but re-colored the images to match appropriately.

My printed image:





And, the final framed image:





I LOVE how versatile My Digital Studio is to create such classy wall art.  I picked up the frames at a local craft store.  You can purchase your own copy of MDS by visiting my online store and start creating your own works of art!

Happy Stamping!

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment