Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wall Art in My Digital Studio

Other than cards, another of my 'vices' when it comes to creating in My Digital Studio (MDS) is to create wall art to be able to frame/put up.  I'll often see a goofy saying or even a sentimental/sappy one, and I just KNOW that I have to create it in MDS.  I thought I'd share a couple of my favorites with you today.

First of all, one feature that I absolutely LOVE with MDS is that you are NOT limited to only using Stampin' Up! product in the program--if you have collected digital papers, stamps, embellishments or punches (there are certain file extensions the program is not compatible with--if you contact me I can go thru the specifics with you) from other sources, the chances are pretty high that you'll be able to use most of them in MDS as well!!  Stampin' Up! is certainly my first love, and the 'go-to' company for all of my stuff, but knowing that my customers will sometimes use products from other companies (*gasp!*) is a reality, and I want to be able to help you use everything together if I can! 

This wall art is using a designer paper that is NOT Stampin' Up!  I could have spent some time and created a look similar to this, but really, when I saw this paper, I just knew that it was the one I wanted for this project, and to me, part of what I love is that I don't ALWAYS have to create from scratch when I'm creating digitally!! 

I used one of the alphabet punch sets for the word 'FAMILY', added a drop shadow behind the letters.  The color on the word I color-matched to one of the darker points on the background paper.  I added a text box for the rest of the words, and also color-matched them.  Such a simple, yet elegant Wall Art--wouldn't this just look lovely framed on a wall?!

I am not a coffee drinker (other than the Starbucks/Caribou flavored stuff from time to time), but I have SEVERAL friends/family who DO mainline the stuff, so I often come across cute coffee-related items in my Facebook News Feed, and will sometimes file them away for later use, such as 'Coffeeology' below.  For this wall art, the background IS from Stampin' Up!, but the coffee bean is a free .svg file (aka, a 'punch' in the MDS world) I found online, and each of the sayings are just text boxes using different font.  If there's a font you see/like, let me know and I can sure fill you in on what I used!!


The following is one of my first Wall Arts that I decided to create.  It's simple, but really, would look just darling up on the wall in my craft room:





Though to be fair, this is PROBABLY the sign I should have on the door as you enter:




That one makes me laugh every time I look at it!!  And it's probably a tad too close to the truth!!

I'm spending some time with family today, so I'm off to do that, but in the meantime, Happy Stamping!

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment