Friday, July 26, 2013

Traditional vs. Digital--Cycle Celebrations

I might as well let you know from the very beginning that one of my ABSOLUTE favorite products from Stampin' Up! is their digital scrapbooking & card-making program:  My Digital Studio (or MDS, for short!).  I love making traditional cards, but have never really been a strong scrapbooker.  MDS has allowed me to get better at the scrapbooking end of things, and I've been lucky in having some pretty amazing teachers to show me how to use the program.

One of the BEST ways I've found to get proficient in MDS is to take traditional cards that I've made, or received in swaps, or seen online, and challenge myself to create a digital version of the card!  This has allowed me to try techniques on a MUCH smaller scale before I try things on a larger canvas (such as a scrapbook page).

This card is one that created for an organized swap at the recent Stampin' Up! Convention:



Convention 2013 Swap Card

AS you can tell from the photo, I designed this card as an easel card, which is not exactly 'easy' to reproduce (it's possible, just not 'easy'!) in MDS!  So I decided to focus more on just the front of the card, rather than the Easel Card part of the technique, and this is what I designed:
Digital Version of Convention 2013 Swap Card

Not bad, huh?! 

Did you know you can try My Digital Studio for FREE for 30-days?!  Or that the actual program with TONS of content is only $19.95 (US)?!  You can find either link in my online store by clicking HERE!

Happy Stamping & Happy Friday!


Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment