Sunday, July 28, 2013

MDS--Digital Templates

I am so lucky that while I was in Utah last week for the Stampin' Up! Convention, I was able to sandwich the convention between some much-needed family time!!  And, as a bonus, I got to show a few of them My Digital Studio, and let them play around with the program a bit!  In my opinion, there are SO many options when starting to use My Digital Studio, that I think the BEST way to go about creating a scrapbook page, is to use some of the page templates/layouts that come with the program, and that's what I did with each of them!

Heidi needed to chase after her (almost) 2-year-old Cooper as I was showing her the program, so we picked a pretty basic page to use:


I had an adorable picture of Cooper that we just dropped in the page of him with his pickup truck.  And then, instead of the teal color in the upper left block, we color-matched to a blue in his truck, then picked a lighter shade of that blue for the background in that section.  I love the olive green in the lower left section (above), but that just seems a tad 'old' for this little guy, so we changed that block to more of a 'John Deere' green.  Obviously we needed to change the 'S' to a 'C'.  And as a bonus touch (I added this later), I put an antique brad on the blue flower in front of his initial.  Add the journaling, title and date, and one page done!



Letty chose this page as her template:
 

Since she just got married last year, she decided to use some of the photos I had on my computer from her wedding, and she had a LOT of fun playing with colors and overlays (her wedding colors were purple and red).  Letty actually did a few versions of her page, but this is the one that she decided was her favorite:


Jess was able to play with the program while her little guy was snoozing, and it was a lot of fun to see her come up with what she wanted to do.  We started from this template:


And after changing up colors, designer series papers, overlays, etc., this is the final product she wound up with!  I gotta say, I LOVE the way the colors on this page just seem to work!  I threw out a few ideas for her, but really, she just ran with it!


All three of them had a lot of fun playing with My Digital Studio, and it just goes to show how easy and user-friendly the program is when you see their final creations!

My Digital Studio is available as a FREE 30-day trial or even for purchase in my online store!  

O.K. I'm off to go do some more creating!

Happy Stamping!

Pam


2 comments:

  1. Great layouts, Pam. I still haven't gone through all of my convention swaps+, but want to thank you again, and again! (more from me later). I also had family time in Salt Lake before convention - a double blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Wendie!! And really, I do have to give credit to Heidi, Leticia & Jessica. I got them started, then they just started to play!

    I went thru some of my swaps last night. Separated them into the 'to recreate in MDS' and 'can't recreate in MDS' piles. :) And I'm sure there are a few in the latter pile that as new things come out, they'll move into the other one!!

    ReplyDelete