Monday, July 29, 2013

Paper Pumpkin Brag Book

I know I talked about Paper Pumpkin the other day, and promised I'd share the finished project when I got it done.  Well, it's DONE!  :)  I shipped a whole box of goodies back from Convention (too heavy for my single bag of checked luggage), and it came in the mail yesterday (with my Paper Pumpkin box in it)!  But, lesson learned--in the future, I'll just pay for the second checked bag--I think it cost me almost as much to ship as it would have been to check it on my flight!!  I had a moment of panic when I got the box out of my mailbox, as it looks like one side of the box had gotten ripped open at some point (it was re-taped)--but thankfully everything still appears to have made it, and now I'm REALLY glad that I accidentally forgot to pack the stamp sets I got at Convention in the box!  Would NOT have been happy if those had gone missing on me!

O.K.  So on to Paper Pumpkin.  Here's the outside of the box:
So cute!!  Looks like fun to me already!!  And then opening it up, even more fun!!
I'm getting 'giddy' just thinking about opening it again!!  Don't you just LOVE that lovely blue tissue paper?!  So, I unwapped the box and came up with my ink pad, kit and stamps:

Here's a close-up of the two stamps included.  They read:  "The Good Life" & "Love This".  The stamps included in Paper Pumpkin are for Clear Mount blocks.  You 'should' just be able to peel off the backing and attach the labels.  I tend to still get 'marks' around the outside of my images, however, so I usually do go in and trim down just a smidge around the outside edge to try to prevent that!
And once I took everything out of the kit, here's what we have:
Remember, you DO need to provide your own adhesive for assembling your Paper Pumpkin projects!!  In the instructions, it also stated what colors coordinate with the kit, so I went into my stash and cut four 5" squares of Pool Party Cardstock to use to cover the chipboard covers.  You do NOT need to do this.  It was just something that I chose to do for mine.

I've told you I'm not a strong scrapbooker, right?!  Well, staring at this project, I was feeling at a loss yet again!!  BUT, Google was my friend, and as it turns out, the designer for this kit had a blog post on the Stampin' Up! web site (you can check it out HERE), as the 'Good Life Brag Book Kit' that I got at Convention was the May 2013 Paper Pumpkin offering.  Well, I decided to CASE (Copy And Share Everything!) the designer's layout to just make my creative flow work a little better.  I mean, if it's already been done and works, why try to change it?!

I should mention that this brag book is designed with the intent of using Instagram photos on the pages.  Something I have not yet gotten into using.  So I just cut down my desired photos (in most cases) to just 2" squares and ran with it!  Paper Pumpkin is intended as a 30-minute escape.  Truthfully, I think this project is a little more time intensive than that, but easily within 2 hours, I had the book done (and that was with a run to the drug store to pick up the photos I ordered online!).  And there are a LOT of fun, cute 'left overs' in the kit, so don't be surprised if you see a few cards/projects in the future using those things!!

Ready to see the finished book?  Here you go!  I did add a little journaling in pen, just as an added touch!
For the front cover, I just tore the bottom edge of the Pool Party cardstock and had a strip of the Coordinating designer paper that was included in the kit peeking out underneath it.  And here are the rest of the pages:





I decided to take the stamps that came in the kit to decorate up the Pool Party inside covers and back cover.  Just added a little interest to it all!

So, really, a [relatively] quick and easy project!!  And such a cute brag book!!  It doesn't hurt that I had pretty adorable subjects to work with!!  And yes, being related to most of them probably means I'm a tad biased on that count!!

Ready to sign up for Paper Pumpkin?  Just visit their web site and sign up!!  You will LOVE the creativity you get in the mailbox each month!

I hope your week is off to a great start!!

Happy Stamping!

Pam


No comments:

Post a Comment