Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Convention Make & Takes

Any time I host a workshop, or attend a demonstrator meeting, there is usually the chance to do 'make & takes', whether it be a card, 3D item, or other fun project.  At Convention a few weeks ago, we had a few Make & Takes that we got the chance to do.  There was SO much to take in and see with Convention in general, however, that most of mine turned into Take, then Make (once I returned home!!)!  A couple years ago I attended a Regional session, and a couple of those Make & Takes (yes, I'm cringing appropriately) just never got made, so I PROMISED myself that I would get them done this time!!   And I did!!  Talk about some super cute/adorable projects/cards!!

One of the easiest was the My Digital Studio Make & Take.  We just punched out the red hexagon with the greeting on it; trimmed the edges; mounted it with a dimensional and added a rhinestone for some 'bling'!  How cute is this?!


And for our second Make & Take 'mini' class we got to do these adorable bags (which will be available in the upcoming holiday catalog) using the 'rock-n-roll' technique on the Maple Leaf (also available in the upcoming holiday catalog).  



We used a Tag A Bag Gift bag (with matching accessories--page 158 of the Annual Catalog) and the Ronald McDonald House Charities set "Tag It" for this cute project  Love the addition of the clothespin at the top! 

For this next project, it's actually a set of 5 notecards and matching envelopes that go into another of the Tag A Bag Gift bags, and used the Hello, Lovely stamp set to complete the look.


LOVE this box.  And the feathers on here were SO fun to learn how to make!!  If you'd like to learn how to make them as well, talk to me about hosting a party or attending one of my upcoming workshops!!  I look forward to sharing the details with you!!  This set used images from Hello, Lovely & Gorgeous Grunge.  Two of my new favorite sets, I think!!

'Grunge' is really not my 'thing' but I absolutely LOVE how cute this card and matching envelope turned out.  And I'll let you in on a little hint (a.k.a. 'oops!') on my part--the Whisper White baker's twine was SUPPOSED to be colored using the Coastal Cabana ink pad.  I accidentally used Bermuda Bay instead.  Still turned out super cute, and other than me mentioning it, you would have never known I had used the wrong color!!



So, aren't all of these projects just totally adorable?!  Which one is your favorite?!  I'll bet you're getting the itch to host a party of your own, right?!  Well, just drop me a line and we'll get you taken care of!

And in the meantime, Happy Stamping!

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment