Sunday, November 15, 2015

November 2015 DIVA Blog Hop--Giving Thanks

Whew!!!  Less than 2 weeks until Thanksgiving and in this season of 'giving thanks', what better theme for today than that?!  If you're joining me from Amy's Blog, I'm the last stop for today.  If you just started here, feel free to head to Sue's Blog and start from the beginning to hop thru all the sites!

My card today could have fit in last month's hop post, and vice versa!!  Framelits, punches, embossing folder, ink, cardstock & embellishments--so FUN to play with on this card!!

The base of the card is Mossy Meadow (cut 4 1/4" x 11"), and I used Very Vanilla cardstock for the inside and also ran a 4" x 5 1/4" piece thru the Big Shot with the Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.

The little leaves are from the "Among the Branches" stamp set, and are inked up using Mossy Meadow, Hello Honey & Early Espresso ink. 

The maple leaf is also cut out of Mossy Meadow cardstock and attached using SNAIL adhesive to the lower right corner of the card.  I didn't do it for this card, but a cool paper saver idea??  Cut the leaf out of the card base, as you'll have the Very Vanilla covering up that space, and it adds a bit more interest to another area of your card!!  For a little extra 'bling', I added some gold metallic thread that I wrapped around my fingers, then secured using Glue Dots to the maple leaf. 


The acorns and greetings were inked up using the same colors as I listed above, and are from "Acorny Thank You".  The greeting was cut out using the Bitty Banner Framelits, and the Acorn Builder punch cut out the acorns  I attached the Early Espresso 'top' of each acorn to it's base, then secured to the front of the card using SNAIL adhesive.  (One little note--need to remind myself to get an Early Espresso ink refill on my next order--mine is not as 'dark' as I'd like it to be any more!)


Quite the simple card, but SUPER cute and I just had another thought!  How CUTE would the maple leave & acorns (with greeting) be mounted to a folded & embossed piece of Very Vanilla CS for place cards at your Thanksgiving table? You could write each person's name on the top part of the maple leaf!  Oh, boy!!  My wheels are really turning with ideas now!!

I hope you've enjoyed the Blog Hop stops along the way today!  For quick reference, here are the links to everyone's sites:

Happy Hopping!!

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment