Tuesday, December 15, 2015

December 2015 DIVA Blog Hop--Punches

I would say that it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas outside, BUT it's December 15th in Minnesota with lots of rain, and only an occasional white flurry!!  And to be honest, I'm good with that!!!  I'm sure we'll see a foot (and then some) of the white stuff before too long, and I can be patient and wait for it!  But hopefully my card today will help you get in the mood for the season, if nothing else!!  If you're joining me from Amy's Blog, I'm the last stop for today.  If you just started here, feel free to head to Sue's Blog and start from the beginning to hop thru all the sites!

Our theme for today's Blog Hop is:  Punches!  I gotta say, Punches are probably one of my two absolute FAVORITE tools to use, and I'm always on the hunt for new/unique uses for them.  I absolutely LOVE the creativity I come across of folks who use these basic tools to create some impressive works of art!!

My goal for today's card was simple, to come up with an easy Christmas Card that uses a couple of punches to create a cool image!!  What do you think?!


So, I used an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of Shimmery White Cardstock (101910) for the card base, folded in half.  On top of that is layered a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Shimmery White Cardstock that I first stamped with the 'Merry Christmas' image (from stamp set "Merry Everything"; 135608-W; 135071-C) and stamped in Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink (126966).  I ran the stamped cardstock thru the Big Shot using the 'Softly Falling' Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (139672) and attached it to the front of the folded Shimmery White Cardstock using SNAIL adhesive.






Next up is to create the Santa Hat out of punches.  Have you figured out which punches I used??  Take a close look. . . . . . . . .




I used the following four punches to create the hat:
1/2" Circle Punch (119869)
Extra-Large Oval Punch (119859)
Scallop Oval Punch (119856)
Word Window Punch (119857)

To start, Punch the Extra-Large Oval Punch out of a piece (have I mentioned this is a GREAT card to use up some of your scraps?!) of Cherry Cobbler cardstock (119685).  Then use the Word Window Punch to punch out a small piece of the oval in order to create the base and top of the hat.

Punch out the 1/2" Circle Punch out of Silver Glimmer Paper (135314) and attach to the tip of the hat with SNAIL adhesive.    I punched out the cuff of the hat out of the same Shimmery White cardstock as the base, using the Scallop Oval Punch.  This time I went in and used the Extra-Large Oval Punch in order to remove part of the scallop oval and create the hat cuff.  This white piece is then attached to the Cherry Cobbler hat base, and the entire hat is attached to the front of the card using Stampin' Dimensionals (104430).

The card needed just a tad more 'bling' though, so I added a couple of Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246) in random places across the front of the card.




On the inside, I added a greeting (again using Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink) from "Versatile Christmas" (140389-W; 140392-C).  And there you have it.  A quick and easy Christmas card using a couple punches in a unique way!

I hope you've enjoyed the Blog Hop stops along the way today!  For quick reference, here are the links to everyone's sites:


Happy Hopping!!

Pam




No comments:

Post a Comment