Sunday, May 4, 2014

May 2014 Card Workshop

Wow!!!  I can't believe it's May already!!  And for those Star Wars fans of you out there:  May the Fourth be with you today!!  (Dare I admit that I've never seen any of those movies?!).  I just got back from a SUPER fun Diva Day, stamping with some other demonstrator friends (and sending well-wishes to our fearless leader who's been feeling under the weather as of late!), and today's theme was 'child/kid' cards.  I'll show the card I did later this week--I explored my inner-Sesame Street for that one!!  But today's post is all about this month's Card Workshop cards!!  I had two of the three cards for today designed a couple of days ago, but wanted to wait to see what other great ideas the ladies came up with for today, and wouldn't you know, the adorable caterpillar card came out of our get-together! 

I do try to no always use traditional red/green/white when it comes to Christmas cards, and I think I've done pretty well so far this year in regards to that--we DO have some of those colors, but not EVERY card EVERY month looks like that.  And while there IS red/green in this card, I added in Early Espresso & Very Vanilla to give it a little more 'vintage' look.  LOVE the Snowflake Soiree stamp set, which is one that is on our carryover list (meaning it was in an older catalog, and while that catalog is no longer current, the stamp set IS still available), and I was so excited to put it to use on this card!
May 2014 Christmas Card
I knew I wanted to use the Starburst Sayings and matching framelits on one of the cards for this month, and I love the use of the Silver on here.  I also was reminded this last month that I haven't had folks doing much/any heat embossing, so there's a little bit on this card as well!!

May 2014 Occasion Card #1
And then Mr. Tangerine Tango Caterpillar!!   I just thought he was adorable and SOOOOO much fun to do!  Love the Retro Fresh Designer Series Papers on here!!

May 2014 Occasion Card #2

Remember each month will be a different holiday card design with matching envelopes.  I'll do all of the prep work, and all you'll have to do is come and stamp and complete your cards!!  The cost of the each workshop will be $15 and you must RSVP by the 15th of each month (to give me time to order and prep everything). 

Now, Christmas Cards 'might' not interest everyone--perhaps you want to get a 'stash' of occasion cards made.  Well, you have that option, too!!  When you sign up for the workshop, you can choose the Occasion Cards instead of the Christmas cards (same price--$15, you'll make five cards of two different designs for 10 total cards, and matching envelopes)!!

If BOTH the Christmas and Occasion cards interest you, then you can register for both for only $25!  I just need the RSVP's in order to have the projects prepped and ready to go in time!  1146 Highland Ave, Nfld, MN.  May's Workshop (due to my other 'job') is going to shift one day to THURSDAY (rather than Wednesday), May 29, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.

I'd love for you to join me at the Card Workshop!!  RSVP by the 15th of May and I will have a packet ready to go for you when you come on the 29th!!

Happy Stamping!

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment