Thursday, May 15, 2014

May Diva Blog Hop--Flowers!

It's hard to believe it's blog hop time ALREADY this month!!  I hope you've enjoyed all of the stops along the way!  If you're joining me from Amy's Blog, I'm the last stop for today.  If you just started here, feel free to head to Sue's Blog and start from there to hop thru all the sites!!  Today's theme is flowers, and I have to say, I own SOOOOOO many favorite flower sets from Stampin' Up!

I'm going to show you 'mostly' digital stuff today, but did want to start off showing a card I did for a recent swap:


The Flower Shop stamp set and matching punch is probably one of my favorites in the current (and new!) catalog!  The Fancy Fan embossing folder is such an elegant way to add texture (used the Pistachio Pudding cardstock).  I also used the new Scallop Tag Topper with a technique called 'Jump the Track' to create the tabs where I tied the ribbon (Garden Green cardstock).


I stamped the flower three times using Daffodil Delight.  Then with the two-way glue pen, added a touch of glitter to the center of each flower.  Once that was dry, I punched out the flowers with the coordinating punch and also punched out the leaves using part of the image from the Bird Builder punch.   (You'll see on the Whisper White cardstock on the inside of the card, I also stamped the flower in the upper right corner with a little glitter there as well!).  I attached the flower/leaves grouping using some SNAIL adhesive, then attached the entire piece to the front of the card using Dimensionals.  This was SUCH a fun card to put together!!

Now, many of you may know that I work at a college full-time in their Public Safety/security department.   I went to school with, and know some amazing men and women who are police officers.  This week is National Police Week, and the typical logo for the event is a badge with a red rose across it.  Now, being copyrighted, I don't want to use 'their' image, but with using My Digital Studio (MDS) , I was able to create 'my' version of the image and created a Facebook cover photo to post for the week (and since today's hop theme is 'flowers', it fits for sharing in this post, too!):


O.K.  Another great flower set that I love is Mixed Bunch.  Here's a digital version of 'triple time' stamping (and yes, you could create this card in 'real' life!) using that flower set:


Using flowers in my MDS is always fun, and the Paper Daisies are SOOOOOO cool!!  In this first page, I decided to create/add the flower on the page because it was the only photo I was able to get of the wedding party, but my nephew-in-law happened to get his arm across the lower right side of the photo, and there really wasn't a 'good' way to crop the photo and not loose part of the wedding party!  So, the daisy came in handy to 'cover' him up and not detract from the over all photo!!


I love the fact that I can camouflage things on the page using flowers.  I LOVE the Blooms (there are a few different versions) and the rest of the samples I'm showing use them!!

Another page done of the wedding.  We got a photo of all of my niece's aunts who were at her wedding.  I was NOT loving how I was looking in a lot of the photos, so the Blooms worked great to cover up a few 'strategic' areas that I was not caring for!!  And still be in the photo!






Another fun/simple use of the Blooms.  And recoloring them in MDS is SOOOOO easy!

For the page above, I decided the colors to use on the page based off of the outfit colors of the person in the photos.  I think it turned out pretty cute!



And LAST year (2013), I made up this cute calendar for my Parking Office Coordinator.  Each of the months was done a little different, but I absolutely LOVE how August came together using the various shades of purple, gray & white:



There is also a SUPER cute die (to use with the Big Shot) in the current Occasion Catalog that does these STUNNING 3-dimensional flowers.  I didn't have the time to play with that for this post, but maybe somewhere down the line I can show some cute ideas with that!!


And for quick reference, here's a list of our blogs for today:

Sue

Denise

Sandy

Amy

Pam (you're here!)

Happy Hopping!!

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment