Tuesday, September 15, 2015

September 2015 DIVA Blog Hop--Kid/Baby Theme

Welcome to this month's Blog Hop!!!  Today our theme is Baby/Kid.  I took a bit of 'creative license' with this theme, as you'll see below, but hopefully you'll enjoy the post!!  If you're joining me from Amy's Blog, I'm the last stop for today.  If you just started here, feel free to head to Sue's Blog and start from the beginning to hop thru all the sites!

You know the saying, "Necessity is the Mother of all Inventions"?!  Well, it came into play as I was planning/designing the cards for the blog this month.  This past Sunday we had a Diva Day, and one of the subjects we talked about was how perfect our 6"x6" paper stacks are for One Sheet Wonder cards. The one group of ideas shown has you being able to use the cut up designer series paper (DSP) to make five cards out of one 6"x6" piece!!

As I was driving home on Sunday, I was thinking about ideas to show for the blog today, and the Go Wild paper stack set came to mind with all of it's fun animal prints.  But then, I got to wondering if I could make my idea fit into this month's Blog Hop theme.  Which is when I got the idea to add Melon Mambo cardstock & ink to the Basic Black, Tip Top Taupe, Basic Gray colors.  Because really, what young girl (or teenager) doesn't love animal (zebra) prints and hot pink?!  Perfect!!  I got my idea, and it fits (sorta!) with the theme.

It was really easy to cut up the different pieces of DSP by following the directions that were shared with us to create the different layers of the card, but I did have one small hiccup along the way--I realized that I had only one HALF sheet of Basic Black cardstock, so I had to be creative in the ways/places I decided to use it.

Here are the finished five cards!


I'm sure you're looking at the above card and wondering about the pink Baker's Twine?!  I used  my Melon Mambo ink pad to dye Whisper White  Baker's twin, and allowed it to dry, and then attach to the zebra-striped strip.  I used the Bravo stamp set for the sentiment, using Melon Mambo Classic Ink.





On this card I flipped over the DSP to use the tan/white side for this card, so also decided to use Tip Top Taupe, Early Espresso & Melon Mambo for my main colors.  I used the Word Window punch and the Washi Label punch, along with Whisper White Cotton Ribbon & Iced Rhinestone Embellishments (which are in the new Holiday Catalog).  To finish it off, I used a sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes.

Decided to stay with the same colors as the card above, went back to the Bravo stamp set, BUT I also colored the whisper white cotton ribbon by running it through the Tip Top Taupe ink pad (wear rubber gloves if you do this!) and allow the ribbon to dry before attaching it to the card.  I also used one of the In Color Blossom Accents, and Bravo! stamp set.

Back to the zebra print, Basic Black, Basic Gray & Melon Mambo.  Created the ribbon tabs on the left side for additional interest.  Bravo stamp set is again being used!

Finally, a simple card on a white background, with some added Rhinestone Bling!  Forget the teenage girl!!  I'd like any of these cards myself!!

I hope you've enjoyed the Blog Hop stops along the way today!  For quick reference, here are the links to everyone's sites:


Happy Hopping!!

Pam



No comments:

Post a Comment