Monday, January 19, 2015

Coordinating Projects in My Digital Studio

I hope you've all had a GREAT weekend!!  I'm back in to work tonight after a fun weekend off from my job at the college!  Thought I'd take a few minutes today and share a coordinating project idea for you!  I've had this thought in the back of my mind for a while, but this is the first time I actually got around to executing it!!



First of all, my 2014 Christmas Card.  I actually had this card designed in early 2013--I had initially created it as a card idea for my mom to use for her 2013 Christmas cards, but when she passed away, this card design got placed on the back burner.  The technique on this card is called 'brayering', and you can find a video tutorial on how to do it on mydigitalstudio.net here.  I loved the card and decided to use the completed design for my 2014 card.  With a busy year, it was nice to just spend a couple minutes/tweaking it and be able to send it off to Stampin' Up!s print services!

Christmas Card 2014 Card Front

Christmas Card 2014 Card Inside
 My idea is not anything new, but I frequently look at the celebration/holiday cards I create, and think how cool it would be to create 'notecard' sized 'thank you' notes using the same basic card layout to just follow the theme thru for the season or event.  I was FINALLY able to do just that this year for my holiday thank you notes!!  Now, a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card doesn't quite scale down 'exactly' to fit the 3 1/2" x 5" Notecard, but I simply duplicated the front of my Christmas Card, removed the wording, and exported the full image as a jpeg  Then I placed it into a photobox on an opened Notecard design screen, and adjusted it to fit.  Finally, I found a sentiment that I liked and replicated the 'snow' idea on the words and saved the image.  I was able to print the note cards out (two to a page) on my home printer!  

Coordinated Holiday Thank You Note
I left the inside on the cards blank for me to be able to hand-write my notes.  I really love how easy it was for me to create coordinating thank you notes using my Christmas Card design in My Digital Studio.  You can try it out for FREE for thirty (30) day by visiting my online store and downloading it there!!

Happy Stamping!

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment