Sunday, June 15, 2014

June Diva Blog Hop--Masculine

Happy Father's Day!!  I hope you've enjoyed all of the stops along the way!  If you're joining me from Amy's Blog, I'm the last stop for today.  If you just started here, feel free to head to Sue's Blog and start from there to hop thru all the sites!  Our 'theme' for today is 'masculine' and I have to tell you, I LOVE the fact that I can create some great masculine cards using My Digital Studio software!!  I think my hardest challenge was narrowing down which designs to share with you!

So, let me start with this great tie card. 
I LOVE the fact that I can color each tie individually and make it as personalized as I'd like!!  For this one, I stuck with the basic primary colors, but love how it turned out!!  And how about the cute rhinestone added as a 'tie tack'!?!

Sailboats are another image that just make me think 'masculine'
I created my own DSP for the bottom half of the card, and also used the freeform coloring tool to add a little blue to the sail and waves.

General images are a great way to create masculine cards if one doesn't have a lot to work with.  Such as this cool one from Daring Adventures.
Adding the antique brad and the button were fun touches on here, too!

Or, if you don't have many images, using 'office' inspired DSP and punches can help create a masculine look on a card:


Brads, neutral colors, spiral punch all help to create the masculine look of the card.

Clockworks is another fun set 'go to' set for me.  I made this card for my brother-in-law's birthday last year:

Now, I have to be honest, from 'real' cards to 'digital', my one set to recommend if you're looking for a stamp set to use on masculine cards, "Lovely As a Tree" will always find it's place at the top of my list!  There are a LOT of great sets out there, but the versatility of that set lends itself to so many great options, beyond just the masculine theme.  Here are two favorites of mine for today's theme, however:

I used the freeform again to create the shadowing on the base of the trees/hills.  And the coloring tool was fun to add some 'color' to the branches. 

I may have shown the above card already--I designed it for a masculine swap that we did at Diva Day a couple months back--and while that was the 'real life' version, I HAD to create a digital version of it as well!!

I hope you've enjoyed the blog hop stops!  For quick reference, here is a quick list of our blog hoppers for today:


Happy Hopping!!

Pam





No comments:

Post a Comment