Friday, December 20, 2013

Stocking Stuffer Bookmarks

Happy Holidays!!  If your house is anything like mine, it's been a busy/crazy December getting ready for Christmas!!  I'm going to be attending the Children's Christmas Program at Church this coming Sunday, and realized on Tuesday night that I didn't have anything to put in the treat bags!!  Well, My Digital Studio (MDS) to the rescue!!  I have a super cute (and you can own it, too!) download that I got called 'Book Buddies Designer Template' (132814) which served as my initial inspiration. (And as a side note, each of the elements on the bookmarks shown can be used on embellishments on cards/scrapbook pages, etc!)
Now, those bookmarks are TOTALLY adorable, and I easily see myself printing them off to use in the future, but since I am making these for a church program, I wanted something a tad more relevant!!  The template was the perfect backdrop to use to get going.  To start, I created a punch the same size as one of the bookmarks and added a border in Midnight Muse.  Then I placed one of the digital papers from the 'Winter Frost Designer Series Paper Digital Download' (135265).

Then I pulled in the Wisemen image from 'Come to Bethlehem' (123963) and sized it to fit on the punch (also in Midnight Muse) and did the same with the greeting.  A little cropping and a few other minor additions and the design was ready to send off to the Print Center on campus to be printed!
I picked another designer paper from the Winter Frost download to have a pattern on the back  as well.  In the future, I might add an extra Bible verse on the back, but I liked what I came up with for these!!

I had six copies of the page made (24 bookmarks--I need between a dozen & 20, so planned a little extra just to be on the safe side!).  I could have printed them at home easily, but doing multiple pages like this can be a bit of an ink 'hog', so I like to send things off to be printed in cases like this when I have the time to do so!
And cut them apart and hole punched them.  I was debating on how much of a white border (if any) to leave around the images, and went with a scant 1/4".  There's no hard/fast rule there--really it's whatever you prefer!!  LOVE that part of creativity!!
AND I also wanted these to last a while and not get worn out immediately, so I ran them thru the laminator, trimmed them down again, and re-punched a smaller hole.  Again, nothing to say it HAS to be in this order, but I figure a smaller punched hole will add a little stability/durability to the bookmarks!
And then just used some of the 1/8" silver ribbon  to run thru the hole and tie off.
That's it!!  A quick & easy bag or stocking stuffer ready to go in no time flat!!  I already have a few ideas of things to do on future bookmarks!!

If you're looking for some quick last-minute stocking stuffers, MDS is a GREAT go-to!!  Remember, you can download a free 30-day trial by visiting my online store!!

O.K.  Off to go check my list again!!

Merry Christmas and Happy Stamping!

Pam





No comments:

Post a Comment